338 Lapua using ELD-X 270?

I'd expect things to die when hit with bullets in that weight class from a 338. Nosler does well with their AccuBonds in that weight class. I don't have a 338 Lapua but I loaded for them. Tons of good loads for that weight class, I'd probably load 300 gr class bullets. But that's just me in general. I like heavy for caliber. As far as accuracy it's up to the barrel and what it likes.

I don't have a Lapua, but I did convert my 338 Win Mag to a 33 Nosler and I bought boxes of 230 and 270gr eldx's. My goal is the 270gr eldx for this year's elk season.

I load the 270eldX in my 20" short barrel 338win mag. I like them and they shoot 1\2moa in a factory savage. Shot 1 bull last year at 135yds and it hammered him through the front shoulder angling to the hip. They preform well on game

All that being said, If I had the fuel tank of the Lapua I would switch to 285eldM. The BC is MUCH higher and they preform the same on game. I have several buddies using the 285m and its been great on several bulls, pigs and whitetail. Especially if you hunt at ranges above 600yards

Ultimately the more accurate load would get the nod for me but I would hope the 285's would shoot well first
James

There are two guys on another website that shoot a 338 +P with Berger bullets. They have a video of shooting a whitetail just over 1900 yds. These guys are deadly!

What gun are shooting if I may ask? I guess it doesn't matter....depends on if YOUR gun likes the load...I had no success with the 270 at all. 250 bthp are tack drivers and 300s smk or 300 Nosler custom comp...all three deadly and deadly accurate!

I'm trying to find a bullet in the 275 weight range. The 285's do shoot amazing in another gun i own. But scared they wont do good for hunting.

I'm trying to find a bullet in the 275 weight range. The 285's do shoot amazing in another gun i own. But scared they wont do good for hunting.
I promise the 270eldX is good on game!
I recovered the bullet from this Ol chap; if you want me to find it and post bullet pics? This was a hard quartering shot that went through the thickest part of the shoulder ball joint busting big bones before entering the chest cavity and demolishing the lungs and liver. Bullet was in rear near tenderloins, can't ask for more! The eldX are soft, always expand and have 270grains of big booty to push through the toughest shot!

Attachments

• 5BB30D86-C523-4FD3-B077-3B765BF2D7DE.jpeg
    5BB30D86-C523-4FD3-B077-3B765BF2D7DE.jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 63