338 Lapua Neck measurement of a loaded round?

longrangehunterII

I need to purchase a Redding Bushing and need the measurement of a loaded 338 Lapua round with Lapua brass and a 300 SMK bullet.

Can anyone send me some neck measurements of a loaded round?

Thanks

Last edited:
So I noticed midway says the Redding competition shell holder for the 338 LM is a #35? And list the various calibers to it, yet when I cross referenced it at Sinclair int. the Redding shell holder for the 338 LM is a #18?

What's up with that? And which one is correct? Midway doesn't have a cross reference for the Redding shell holders. I cross referenced another item at Midway and what they show for the Redding part number on a carbide sizing button is wrong on a item I have on hand for a 25 cal.

I have a RCBS #14 shell holder on hand, which should work? But I'd like to order the competition shell holders from Redding when I push back the cases.

Which shell holder are you guys using for the 338 LM?

So I downloaded Redding's catalog and looked up their part numbers. It does show the #35 shell holder for the 338LM, not the #18, which is for the likes of 30-378 and such.

Viewing google searches reviled numerous other people having issues with the RCBS #14 shell holder, and and #37? I did read that Redding's #35 was the ticket from one other guy, so I ordered their #35 competition shell holder set. I really like them for partially sizing the brass down in a controlled manner, and I use them on all my other cartridges when I don't just neck size the brass.

Thanks for the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.