338 edge

I've got a 300wby Accumark that I have been wanting to rebarrel into something else like a 300Rum or something like Kirby's 300 AX and after reading this I think my 300WBY Accumark would make a great donor gun for a 300 AX. Would like to have a medium range semi light pack rifle. I would keep the same #3 profile in a 26in tube in a Lilja or maybe a Rock. You all feel the Wby. Accumark is a good donor for the Lapua class chamberings????

I built my 338 lapua imp on a mk 5 action and it shot so good I was offered to much money to keep it very long. Basically after test firing and getting all the data I wanted on the imp lapua it was gone. That long wby magazine and action lets you seat those lapua bullets way out there and still feed through the magazine. It would make a top shooter I am sure. The improved lapua is one of the best out there. Very easy to make your action work with the lapua.

I've got a 300wby Accumark that I have been wanting to rebarrel into something else like a 300Rum or something like Kirby's 300 AX and after reading this I think my 300WBY Accumark would make a great donor gun for a 300 AX. Would like to have a medium range semi light pack rifle. I would keep the same #3 profile in a 26in tube in a Lilja or maybe a Rock. You all feel the Wby. Accumark is a good donor for the Lapua class chamberings????

+1 on LTLR posting. I couldn't be happier with my Mark V 30-338 Lapua unless it field dressed critters and packed out the game meat on it's own. I think you can get Light Palma contour or a #5 contour in the Accumark barrel channel without opening it up so much it would compromise it's strength.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.