.338 Edge W/30" BBL in HS stock question

We had a talk and I think he is being open minded about the build and is looking hard at my suggestions and requests on what I want done. I don't think its going to be a problem. One thing about it, he is a perfectionist and if he does not know he will find out on how to do it. He has been doing this for over 25 years so he is no newcomer to the game. And there might be some small truth to what he says. I do know that what is a small thing to me can at times be a huge deal to him.
Yup Gear-grinder, he is very conservative.

One question we both had though. When you skim bed the action does this pretty much stop any action flexing? Or is the action flexing a non issue. I think the Wyatt's magazine box is the part that is making him nervous after visiting with him again.

The small piece of the action that needs to be removed for the Wyatt won't affect the flex at all.

-That part isn't supported by the stock or bedding.
-The biggest area that gives the action rigidity is the amount of material between the front and rear bridges. You're not removing any material there.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.