338 Edge question

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Ksmirk, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Ksmirk

Ksmirk Well-Known Member

Fella's do you think a Steven 200 in 300 Win Mag would be a good cadidate for a single shot 338 Edge project? reason I ask is I have run into a place that has soom they are selling off REAL cheap! I've seen a couple built on Savage actions and the Stevens being the same I would think it would work out fine. What's your thoughts? Later,

Kirk

2. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

It would work fine, and with a centerfeed action you might even make a repeater without too much work.

3. Ksmirk

Ksmirk Well-Known Member

Well went off and got the rifle! $269 could not hold out any longer. So I guess the 338 Edge is going to become a reality, but I HAVE to get my 284 Win and 308 complete first. I don't believe this is one of the centerfeed actions at least the mag looks like my 223 but either way I was planning on a single shot so I could get as much powder capacity as possible. Now for the fun of gathering bits and pieces then have to figure out if I want to go 28" or 30" barrel, who's muzzle break to use all that good stuff but I'm sure that Kevin and Nate will be getting phone calls for some stuff I'll need.

KRP see what you started :D Later,

Kirk

4. dogdinger

dogdinger Writers Guild

hey kirk, send A J Peacock a PM and he will tell you all about his. he built his edge on this same platform. it came out real good....AJ

5. KRP

KRP Well-Known Member

I won't take any credit for starting it, but I do own a 338/300 built on a Savage.:cool: