.338 Edge neck expander help!!

Hotrod617

I need a larger neck expander replacement or another way to get the neck larger to find OAL. The bullet is held too tight to be able to move with OAL guage.

Tips? Tricks? I have already broken one OAL guage by being stupid. (note to self ,don't wiggle bullet in neck when case is attached to OAL guage...)

Help
Bill

Yes, that may work. Thank you.

I was even thinking about putting bullet in a drill and sand it down a bit...lol this is for OAL only of course..lol

Any other tips and tricks would be welcome.

Bill

When I made mine I took a 300 rum modified case expanded to 338 edge, seated a bullet. Pulled the bullet, wrapped some sandpaper around a ball point pen and turned it in the neck until my bullet dropped threw, Polished the inside with steel wool useing the same method. Cheap, fast, and works good.

Don't size the whole neck, just bump it enough to hold the bullet.
Since I do not have any fancy tool that is what I do.
I smoke the bullet by the case then run it through my gun. The reason for smoking is to see if the bullet is being pulled back out when cycling.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.