Little help 338 Edge

lineman69

O.k Guys I need some input from you.I have a savage long action with a pacnor barrel and having a problem with extraction.Im shooting a 300 SMK with 93.2 grains Retumbo.No pressure problems easy bolt close and easy bolt lift just have to whack the bolt open. Headspace is fine.I use a 338 rum die to necksize and a 375 rum gutted out as a body die. I cant figure this out. Little help please?

O.k Guys I need some input from you.I have a savage long action with a pacnor barrel and having a problem with extraction.Im shooting a 300 SMK with 93.2 grains Retumbo.No pressure problems easy bolt close and easy bolt lift just have to whack the bolt open. Headspace is fine.I use a 338 rum die to necksize and a 375 rum gutted out as a body die. I cant figure this out. Little help please?
I've had the same problem. It looks to me like there is too much space between the gas baffle and the back of the action. Use a feeler guage to determine the gap. If it is more than about .010" that may be the problem. I thought about glueing a shim to the front of the baffle or shortening the back of the bolt bolt the appropriate amount which would bring the cam angles closer together.