338 EDGE Dies?

Well I have now tried a couple things... And should have just got a set from Defensive Edge. I tried using a 338RUM set with a 375RUM and it was good for about 800 yards for me, and I tried the Redding 2 die set from shoot long and it gave me a case run-out of about .007 and a bullet run-out of about .006". Then I bought a set from Defensive Edge and it is perfect... Guess I learned that lesson the hard way, buy good, quality dies:rolleyes:

Mike

Well I have now tried a couple things... And should have just got a set from Defensive Edge. I tried using a 338RUM set with a 375RUM and it was good for about 800 yards for me, and I tried the Redding 2 die set from shoot long and it gave me a case run-out of about .007 and a bullet run-out of about .006". Then I bought a set from Defensive Edge and it is perfect... Guess I learned that lesson the hard way, buy good, quality dies:rolleyes:

Mike
Redding dies are good dies. .007 run-out means something is seriously wrong you may have got a bad set.

That said Defense edge are a known quantity (excellent) and for 100/die it is nice to have a turn key setup. I use a Co-AX and want the micrometer adjustment and the redding simply wont fit (more on this later) So I went with a .300 RUM bushing die my smith opened up to accept the proper bushing and just called Forster the tech guy is going to have the machinist look into opening up a 300 rum die to work with .338.

Also there is a new version of the CO-AX out that will take the taller seating dies and for 80 bucks + return shipping Forster will "upgrade" your old press.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.