338-378 loads

B23

Anyone have any pet loads they would like to share?

Only load I have worked up is with the 225 AccuBond 215m primer Weatherby case 112.5 gr of H-1000 just under 3300fps. 3 shot group will pretty much always net me a honest 1.25 group at 100yds with my off the shelf Accumark.

I would like to see what you all are shooting. Bullet, powder, primer, O.A.L., Brand of Brass, type of gun load was worked up for. The more specific the better.

I'm shooting a .338-.378 Weatherby .369 neck, P14 action, 34" Kreiger barrel heavy gun. I use Weatherby brass, Federal 215 primer, 106g Retumbo with a 300g Sierra Match King seated .005"off the lands. It's right on the edge so I would deffinately start lower but I get 3073 fps velocity with ES and SD I've never seen before. I've done this 3 times and get a ES of 1 fps and a SD of 0.000 I first thought my chrongraph was broke. I shot another 5 shot string and all velocities were identical. I borrowed my friends chronograph and got 3077 - 3079 for a 5 shot string. I only use this rifle for long range hunting but if it wasn't so **** expensive to load for I'd use it in competition. I can't wait for the 300 Bergers but as well as this things shoots I don't know if I'll change. Start low and be safe!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.