33 Nosler a GOOD Powerhouse .338 for Hunting???

The 33 nosler is supposed to be 94.6 grains capacity of water. The Google answer of 88 is some nolser guess on capacity with a certain bullet seated in the case. Rifle Magazine lists the 94.6 with what I assume is nosler brand brass looking at the article. When I get home from vacation in a few days I'll check that capacity with my unfired peterson brass.

Finally remembered to get a water capacity on an unfired Peterson 33 nosler case. It came out at 94.38 grains. For a more manageable cartridge this is the capacity I wanted to be at. If I want more it will either be a nmi or really step up to a XC. I'm going to drop my parts off with Kampfeld custom this week so hopefully in a couple months I'll be burning some powder in it.

Finally remembered to get a water capacity on an unfired Peterson 33 nosler case. It came out at 94.38 grains. For a more manageable cartridge this is the capacity I wanted to be at. If I want more it will either be a nmi or really step up to a XC. I'm going to drop my parts off with Kampfeld custom this week so hopefully in a couple months I'll be burning some powder in it.
I completely agree that for hunting it's a good size case. And for elr the 33xc would be where I'd step up too. The only thing that bothers me is the ballistics. With a heavy high bc bullets it runs with a 300 wm. But that adds a ton of recoil. And a 7mag/7prc can outperform it with satisfactory energy to 1000 yards and about 1/3 less recoil. Am still gonna build it though. I want it for bear hunting or hunting in brown bear territory.
Good luck with it. Post your load development info.

I agree with all of your statements also @SSG Graybush. That's why I'm wanting to build a 300 rum or 300 nmi. Ballistically the high bc 30 cal outrun the mid 338s for drop and usually energy but I also am a firm believer that diameter matters (take that as you will haha)

I'll start a thread when I get my build back. I'm probably starting with 250 bergers, 265 lrab, and 270 eldx.