325 WSM

Fotis

Is anyone loading for this one eyt? My friend is interested in this caliber and he wants to know:

What do the current stock of factory guns/factory loadings shoot like (accuracy/velocity).
Handloads with any decent hunting bullet out there (accubonds/Partitions, Barnes etc)
What velocity7 have you reached with the 200 grainers?
Thanx

I have one built by GA Precision and it is shooting very well with H4831 SC and 200 gr. Accubonds and Matchkings. Did a 3-shot group at 500 yards that went into 1 1/4" but just how much good old fluke was involved there is to be debated... I just returned from a bear hunt on Vancouver Island and killed a nice black bear at 283 yards with one shot. The reloading manual people are working on .325 WSM data right now, it is happening but not ready for publication yet. My chronograph testing of 200 Accubond CT ammo showed 2925 fps or so from a 24 inch barrel Winchester M-70 factory rifle. My .325 has a Mike Rock barrel - will be interesting to see what it generates. My rifle is heavy enough that recoil is not an issue - some guys say it kicks about like a .243 although I would give it a bit more than that.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.