325 wsm

catssuk

im new to this so be nice. i just bought a 325 wsm, and want some good starting points for handloads that will be good for this gun. proper barrel break in etc. will any 8mm [.323] bullet work or do you half to stay with 325 wsm lead only? this is my first gun im going to be handloading for, with the assistance of a friend who has been doing it for years. we just need some ideas on where to start. he has a 300 wsm so we were going to try that for a platform. any info would be great, thanx, chris. p.s. great website.

I don't have a 325 WSM but I'll try to help out.
Here is some load data from hodgdon.

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/rifle/325wsm.php

The 325 WSM is a .323 cal cartridge.
I would go with the heavier wt. bullets many of the lighter ones are designed to open up easily at low velocity (designed for 8mm Mauser).
Sierra has 200gr. Matchking and 220gr. Gameking bullets in 8mm.

I just got a .325 also, and have been planning on doing some loading for it also.

The heavier bullets are definatly the way to go. Nosler makes an accubond that is basically designed for the .325 and Speer makes a 200 grain that was originally designed for the 8mm mag so it should be a good one also (its the main bullet I plan on shooting)

There are some descent bullets out there for it. You just have to look a little and hopefully more bullets pop up in the future.....

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts