.308Win + 110gr Monometal bullets ??

Varmint Hunter

I recently put a new thermal on a .308 bolt rifle. The thermal has extremely short eye relief, actually stupid short IMO. I'd like to try and bring the recoil to a very low level. Currently shooting 130 TTSX and 124 Hammers. I'm going to give the 110gr TTSX a try. The set-up will be for shooting hogs under 200yds.

Does anyone have any experience using 110g monos in the .308Win? Any load data you'd like to share?

My son shot a ruger compact Hawkeye 308. 16" bbl. I loaded 110 ttsx for it. It's been a couple years so I'll hafta go look at my notes but I believe it's was with cfe223.
Runnin a little over 3300fps. This was not a real hot load. Killed great.

I'm a Texas pig hunter with 308 ar10's one 20 inch with a brake and other 24 inch stainless match 11 degree crown. Just pig killing machines. I shoot so much that I buy boxes of 500. generally the good eaters are sub 300 and most we get are 60 - 250. In the spring they are lean.

But anyway 125 gr. TNT puts the hurts to them and in stock! I chronoed some the other day out of the 20 inch and the average was right at 3056 fps. they are down loaded for lots of shooting with a long case life.

All I have to offer is there an incredible pill. Well..in my 270win there awesome. Took a nice mature 9 pt whitetail this fall. 110gr TTSX @ 3335FPS at the muzzle of a 20" barrel. 127gr in my 6.5 creed; same results.

Not my load and not familiar with that powder. My guess is it's a fine grained ball powder. I personally would trust the gentleman loading the cartridge.😄
Ahahahahaha, I'll take that as a compliment. I'm a rather cautious reloader, especially when venturing into a new area. I've been reloading for 40yrs without a noteworthy incident. It would be good to keep it that way.

Thanks for the info.

Noteworthy. Hmmm. I guess I can say I have had one of those.
Experimenting with a brand new powder (cfepistol), in a black out. I was trying to reinvent the wheel. And knew it was risky. I did a bunch of hi powered cyphering, and came up with a load. Then Cut that load in half, stood behind a tree and test fired the round with a string.
AR pistol.
Split the bolt and sent the spring out the bottom of the magazine.

Ahahahahaha, I'll take that as a compliment. I'm a rather cautious reloader, especially when venturing into a new area. I've been reloading for 40yrs without a noteworthy incident. It would be good to keep it that way.

Thanks for the info.
The 101 HH .308 load is now posted on the Hammer Hunter Load Data Spreadsheet if you want particulars.
G

I shoot the 110 tsx. Over Hodgdon Benchmark. Lapua Palma brass. Cci primer. 3250 fps. Works great on Texas deer and pigs. Largest 130 lb at 155 yds.