308 to 300 WSM

Another thing to consider. Most factory Savage rifles in the WSM calibers were all large shank barrels to handle the extra pressure of the short and fat cartridge. More than likely your model 10 is a small shank barrel. I don't think you can buy a pre-fit in 300 WSM in small shank. It would probably be easier just to buy a Savage in 300 WSM.

Another thing to consider. Most factory Savage rifles in the WSM calibers were all large shank barrels to handle the extra pressure of the short and fat cartridge. More than likely your model 10 is a small shank barrel. I don't think you can buy a pre-fit in 300 WSM in small shank. It would probably be easier just to buy a Savage in 300 WSM.

That would be correct, beyond that getting the magazine to function
properly can be very frustrating. Ive done it by converting a model 11 243 into a 6.5x300 wsm. In hindsite, i would have started with a 300 wsm action. Actually, scrapping the whole idea would have been better hindsite. lol

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts