.308 subsonic

B4Dan

Anybody load any up? I picked some trail boss up, was going to start at around 11 gr. then work down, going to try smk 168, heard they work sometimes, might drill out flash hole? Dan

I've been using about 10.7 gr of Trail Boss with a 190 SMK and have had good luck. No need to drill out the flash holes IMHO. I am actually thinking of going to a heavier bullet like around 200-205 to see how they do. I tried some 220 SMKs but I thought I saw a little keyholing with my Rem 700 AAC 1:10 so I gave up on them. Didn't really cherish the idea of sending an expensive suppressor downrange.

I was going to use 210 primers, I've seen where guys are using magnum primers, I think it overkill? I've got some 180s, not smk, might try them also.

I don't see a need for magnum primers. I've been using WLRs and they work just fine. I think that you'll probably want to go to a heavy bullet. At least you'll be carrying a little more energy down range.

I haven't tried these on deer or hogs yet. Seems like there's two schools of thought as to whether these are adequate for medium size game.

Awesome results with 10.8, going to work up and see where the breaking point is, I don't have chrono, was using 180 gr, only shot 50m, will push it out this weekend. Know what you meet about trashing a suppresor!

I use standard 210 match primers in lapua brass and 12.5 grains of trailboss under a hornady 225 hpbt. I have not needed to drill primer pockets or use mag primers.

I'm shooting a 1 in 11.25 twist, so I'm going stay around 180gr.. I think the 12.5 would be ok cause of your elevation? Does that sound right, I'm around 1500 ft elevation so don't think 12.5 will work down here?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.