.308 LC brass source?

huntxtrm

Hello all. I have little experience at buying brass on line. I am wanting to buy some LC .308 brass to reload for my AR10. I would like it to be consistant good quality, as I will be dabbling at long range with it. Once fired is fine, un processed is fine as well. Any good advice on suppliers would be appreciated. I will probably be buying in 100-500 qnty....Thanks for any advice.

personally pass on LC brass or military surplus brass. In my ar10 the brass does take the abuse. Less interior volume than other brass, need a lot of prep , Deviation is higher. spend extra better brass save the lc for cheaper projectiles plinking

I've had great success with LC brass in bolt guns, but have never reloaded for an ar10. It does indeed, tend to have less interior volume than Winchester, Federal, or Remington. That doesn't matter to me. I very much like the LC LR brass.

personally pass on LC brass or military surplus brass. In my ar10 the brass does take the abuse. Less interior volume than other brass, need a lot of prep , Deviation is higher. spend extra better brass save the lc for cheaper projectiles plinking

I am new to AR10's, so excuse any ignorance that might come from my direction. But, I have read that standard brass doesn't hold up well for reloading for an AR10? Is that not true? I am after accuracy, and reliability. Not, rapid fire. This is going to be my long range toy. So, I don't spend lots of 300RUM brass at the range, messing around.

Everglades or Graf and Son's. I recently ordered 250 pieces from Graf and processed it for my bolt rifle with no problems. Pay attention to the primer pockets and approach maximum loads carefully. I had a friend load some LC brass for a Ruger SR 7.62 and he had some lose the primers but there is more to this story.

AR10 are temperamental with accuracy , different accuracy with springs, bcg, gas settings. Lessen the deviation with the LC brass ( i might need better dies than lee). Neck are thicker, work the primer pockets, flash holes. Range time is important just go with the better brass . Nothing more upsetting when groups all over the place past 300 yards. Dpms Lr308 24 & aero precision upper lower 7mm-08 setups. Also use the caldwell brass catcher Picatinny Rail works pretty well. Brass is not eaten up any better or worse with different brands its all on the gun . My FAL use to crush brass nothing compared to the ar10s

AR10 are temperamental with accuracy , different accuracy with springs, bcg, gas settings. Lessen the deviation with the LC brass ( i might need better dies than lee). Neck are thicker, work the primer pockets, flash holes. Range time is important just go with the better brass . Nothing more upsetting when groups all over the place past 300 yards. Dpms Lr308 24 & aero precision upper lower 7mm-08 setups. Also use the caldwell brass catcher Picatinny Rail works pretty well. Brass is not eaten up any better or worse with different brands its all on the gun . My FAL use to crush brass nothing compared to the ar10s

So, you are voting yes on the LC Brass? Or, go with something else?

I just threw some together, to go shoot. Misc cases. All where LC. 150gn interbonds, I had laying around, 43gns of 4064. Shot .75. slight signs of pressure. Learned my lesson on the thicker brass, that day. 43gn should have been loose for any other brass. My gunsmith educated me on what was going on. Luckily, it was slight signs of pressure.

Try brassbombers.com for once fired LC.
You can choose how much work has been done on the cases from cleaned only to fully prepped ready to reload brass.
The last 800 pieces of brass we ordered were all LC12.

My son and I have been using LC brass in our .308 gassers and the brass and the accuracy are very good.

Due to the fact the brass is heavier built military brass, make sure you re-work your loads to make sure everything is good to go.

The brass is very good but have been fired in a belt fed machine gun. We have had no problems with the brass. The initial resizing through a small base sizing die takes a little work but all other resizing has been fine.

Don't be too worried about all the warnings and bad mouthing of the once fired LC brass, buy it, reload it and use it. You will be happy with the results.

Used LC and IVI (Canadian) for my M14 for years and no problem and got the same amount of loads per case or better than commercial brass, many times and my loads were full power loads.

Only thing I did was ran them thru a small base die for the first/fourth and sixth reload should I have the brass that long, being Mil brass if I was unable to recover it at a shoot, I didn't get concerned as I would with leaving LAPUA on the ground.

Start Low and work your way up, keeping in mind that you have to choose a powder that generates a safe port pressure for your rifle, otherwise have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.