308 in.......?

big mike 2121

savage long range hunter with accustock and accu trigger, or remington 700 aac-sd tactical? and why...?

In my limited experience, I've found Savages overall more accurate out-of-the-box than Remingtons. Don't know about these particular rifles.

out of the box, my low end no accu-triger savage could shoot sub-MOA when I did my part. I love the rifle. I've heard a lot of good things about Remingtons, but I am a full on Savage junkie, mine started life as a 11FCXP3, with a 22in barrel, it shot very well, especially considering it was an entry level gun

I have .308 in a Rem 700 in an SPS tactical and I love that gun. I did however put on a Bell and Carlson stock. Im not a huge fan of the Hogue stock that was on there. It consistently shoots .5 MOA. Savages are a great guns and very accurate, I am just not a fan of the Accu-triggers.

I know my savage isnt a 110 its a axis, but just today i dropped a goat at better than 500m across a valley off the ute's mirror, Only slightly upgraded, with a trigger job and a stiffened stock
So if my bottom of the range rifle will do it, anything above it will be awesome.

Ok... so here's the skinny on the LRH. It is a great gun design and concept for the budget minded Long Range Hunter offered by a manufacturer. I've been using a Savage for 4yrs now. My brother has been using one for about 25yrs. Personally for a .308, I would go with the Savage Mod12 VLP. I had one. I just recently sold it for funds. I was able to shoot clover leafs with that rifle with no problem. It gives you a better stock, DBM, and everything is stainless steel. To me that is more important than the muzzle break. For me, a rifle that size doesn't really need one. I do prefer one so that I can track my shots when hunting alone. So that is my opinion. Have fun in your search.

Tank

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.