I shoot them out of my AR10
ammo I shoot is American eagle 168 OTM
have killed deer with this round @
90, 250, 425 and 600 yards

Thanks for the input. Now I won't be leary to try them. I've taken bucks at
400+yds with a .280rem/140gr. VLD combo with quick-drop results. But the
VLD is a hunting bullet. My Rem. 700 .308 really likes the Fed. Gold Medal
168gr bthp's (4-leaf clovers @ 200yds). Lack of time to reload is going to
force me into the .308 business so I'm glad to hear these will do the job.

I've had some negative experience with them. I shot a doe at 250 yds and she didn't hardly flinch. Shot a second shot and she took off. On the third shot she fell, got up, ran a few feet and posed for shot #4. She went down for good this time. When I gutted her I had hit both lungs with three of the shots. The other had hit the shoulder. It appeared that none of them expanded very much. I only shoot handloads now but some of the guys I hunt with swear by the Hornady 165gr BTSP. The ballistics are almost identical and I've killed alot of deer with that bullet in my loads. Also Federal makes a factory Barnes load which is thr bullet I've been using for three years now and will use from now on. Absolutely devastating. Have a great season.

I've had bad experiences with match rounds and deer. Last season I shot a doe about 50yds with 168gr HPBT. The deer dropped then got up and ran about 50 yards. Luckily it was a wide open field because there was no blood trail. When skinning the deer the insides looked like soup. The season before I thought I missed several deer that were 120yds and in. I didn't know how I was missing them. Now I don't think I was. I wasn't getting a pass through and did not get any blood. Anyway. I have quit using match bullets and will go back to game kings.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.