308 125 gr AccuBond at 3150 mv?

The tipped tsx in my 257 weatherby wasn't impressive this year on deer. If moving a bullet in excess of 3500fps doesn't get the most out of them, not sure what will. All three deer acted the same as a btsp hit.
Moving back to the AB or sst or vld.
Try the light weight triple shock X's

You'll be very impressed with them.

Double the cost yes ,,, but a person will soon realize why that is.

They deffinatly Rattle the furry rapper, Ha.

Happy hunting fore sure

For the OP...If you are in the woods and shots are close like I have here in the ADK's only two bullets I would NOT bother with are the ballistic tip or berger. Too explosive and fragile. Also had the berger ricochet!! Yes it was a follow up shot at a dandy buck but crap happens in the woods. I can't describe that feeling of dread. My .308 loved them too. 5 under a dime but ran back to my barnes load. Like my .308 LOVE my .338 Federal. 160 TTSX wicked whitetail/bear medicine...

Anyone have any experience with the 125 gr AccuBond in 308 at 3150 out of a 20" Remington LTR (1-12" twist)? Would be for woods Wisconsin whitetails 0-200 yards.

How do you think it would compare to the Hornady Superformance 150 SST at 2900, Hornady Superformance 165 SST at 2740, Hornady Superformance 168 ELD-M at 2740 or Nosler 165 BT at 2700? All assuming 100 fps loss from 24" to 20" barrel.

Thanks everyone!
Steve
All will do it unless getting up into the 600-800 yards. I would say go with the cheapest and put it where it counts and the game is over.

I've used all of them at the range, in bolt action, hk91, fn fal. Just put it rear shoulder or right behind the shoulder and it will drop. If your going beyond 600-700 on average, go with eldx, or amax wouldn't push much further than that unless your at high elevation with a longer barrel.
308 square in the shoulder you'll want a bullet soft in the front heavy in the back like a core lock. It will have to be more at mid range to produce 1600 + lbs of energy to break both shoulders.

I know everyone says 2000 lbs but on deer I've dropped plenty with less. But I no longer shoot square in the shoulder.
These newer bullets like the sst create so much hydro shock on the organs, the rib meat Is less of a loss and they drop from the shock and their organs turn to jello

"So you experienced the heavier bullets having the deer cover some ground vs Bang Flop with 125 gr....so it is either velocity or expansion."

"Would you recommend the 125 gr Accu-Bond at 3200 fps or a 125 gr Ballistic Tip at 3000 fps?"

I have no experience with the 125 Accubond. The only Accubond I have experience with is the 130 gr in my 264 Win Mag leaving the muzzle at an average of 3350 fps. This bullet reacts the same at 25 yards as it does a touch over 500 yards in my experience. It flies like the BT as for accuracy. It starts to open up like the BT does in the 2700 fps velocity range and does about the same damage but holds together like the Partition and will exit with a quarter size hole and deer are DRT. I have only ever been able to recover one of these bullets with over 2 dozen deer shot. I was put into the left front edge of a bucks shoulder at 111 yards as it almost faced me with a slight left shoulder angel toward me. Bullet smashed the scapula and penetrated chest, gut, and was found against the smashed ball joint in the right ham. Recovered weight was 87 grs. and was a textbook mushroom.

I can't explain it but for some reason UNLESS you hit CNS some bullets just seem to drop deer in their tracks while others will do the same damage or even worse and a deer will run off a ways. In my experience as well as my hunting buddies the 7mm Rem. Mag. no matter which bullet we used, deer would run between 50 & 100 yards unless CNS was hit. They would slosh on the inside there was so much damage but they still ran 75% of the time. There was one bullet that we used that had a better track record 50% of DRT shots and that was the Hornady 154 Interlock or SST.
Bottom line, if you want to drop a deer in it's tracks no matter what center fire caliber or bullet used wait for a broad side shot and place the bullet 1/3 of the way down from it's back in the center of the front shoulder. That will get lungs and spine. I place the cross hairs on the front leg and raise them to the center of the shoulder with most of my deer hunting rifles that I sight in POI 3" high at 100 yards. Depending on the caliber this will put me in that shoulder out to 250 to 375 yards which usually kills DRT. For longer ranges I have to dial the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.