300WM velocity nodes with 208

79m1a-texas

I have very good luck with accuracy on the 212 ELD-X running at 2833 f/s. using H-1000. Want to try the 208 Grain ELD-M. Have a feeling that my velocity is outside the normal node. What is the typical node for this bullet weight of 208-212g? Running a 26" 1:10 twist Bartlein barrel

Last edited:
I usually find a good node around 2950. I typically end up around the Nosler accuracy load of 77gr h-1000 by starting with 76 and go up in .2gr increments till I hit too much pressure. There is usually a great load in there somewhere.

pretty use less numbers when no bbl length listed.
I too use to run 2950 with a 208 with a 30" bbl
Hardly useless when specific charge weight is given, though indeed I agree if one is using a 30 inch tube that would be worth mentioning as it's unconventionally long. But to be honest I've found barrel length doesn't affect velocity nearly as much as conventional wisdom says it does.

WELL I DISAGREE.
IMHO
Hardly useless when specific charge weight is given, though indeed I agree if one is using a 30 inch tube that would be worth mentioning as it's unconventionally long. But to be honest I've found barrel length doesn't affect velocity nearly as much as conventional wisdom says it does.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.