300 WSM w/ 215 berger Loads

Autorotate19

Hi I have searched quite a bit on the site and I haven't found much load data with the 300 wsm using the 215gr Bergers. I will be shooting this in a short action with an extended Wyatts extended magazine box. I would like to shoot them from the magazine but if that limits case capacity to much I would be willing to seat them out and single load. Any info or insight is appreciated!

Thanks

I have one on a long action and run the OAL just under 3.2". It shoots 215's at 2960fps with 69grs of R-26 in a 26" barrel. I'm going to build a short action version in the next couple months with a Bainey mag box (3.110 ID), a edge fill Game Scout, and a #3 Bartlein to try and drop 1 1/4lbs or so off my LA version that has a #5 Brux.

I shoot the 215 bergers with 67 grains of H4831SC, velocity is 2870 fps measured 7' from the muzzle. This load works in well in my Savage model 12 with a 26" heavy savage barrel. I have adjusted the seating depth for my rifle based off my experience with the Berger 185 hunting VLD. I currently get .6 MOA at 550 yards. I am now annealing my cases every time I reload until I know all my cases have passed through the annealing process. Once done I'll back off the annealing to once every second or third reload.

THIS IS A MAX LOAD THAT IS NOT SHOWING ANY PRESSURE SIGNS IN MY RIFLE. PLEASE WORK UP TO THIS LOAD.

I don't shoot a .300 WSM, but I shoot a .308 Norma which has a very similar case capacity to the WSM with the heavy Bertram brass I am using. I shoot 66gr of RL23 behind a 208gr ELD going 2965fps.

My Savage 11 FCNS 24" .300 WSM can accommodate 3.003" of COAL but my current accuracy load is .080" off the lands - COAL = 2.967" and CBTO = 2.197", WW brass, 9 1/2 M, 60 RL-17, 2785 FPS.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. Im gonna try some 215's loaded to mag length with some IMR 7828 SSC I have. gun)

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.