300 wm stock

patrick021

I know this is not the proper to put this but I had no response where I had it .i am building a 300 wm wanting ideas on hs precision stock and bell and Carlson stocks.mainly going to hunt with it and some target shooting .it is going to have a Douglas air gauge # 6 tapered barrel. Thanks in advance

I just put a B&C medalist on my 300 WM. Nice stock for the money you pay, very happy with it. Unfortunately no first hand experience W/the HS precision. I will say however, i had to do a fair amount of opening up the barrel channel and rear pillar work on the B&C, something i did not expect (silly me).

I have several B&C A2 stocks that are inletted for cdi bottom metal. I also have a HS fcp Savage stock. I like them both about equally, both comfortable to shoot, durable, and easy to work with to bed.

I have an HS on my Sendero and don't like it much, not a big fan of the Palm swell. Just ordered a Manners EH1....we will see how I like that.

Just my $ .02. Bought a sendero many moons ago, .300wm, after about 150 rounds I happened to notice seven hairline cracks vertically emanating from the grip to the front of the action. Wrote them a letter describing the issue they responded in kind requesting that I send them the stock. Short while later new replacement arrives, since then no more problems with cracks. HS stands by their product.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.