300 Win Mag Load Development Help

I use reloader 22 .. but the 23 is more temperature stable best with 208 hornady eld is imr 4350.. i find berger too expensive.. sometimes i use nosler bullets on nosler site u can find all the recepies u need for nosler bullets.. . Give it a look. And enjoy ur 300wm

Some recommended loads (reduce by 10% safe in my rifle) have been ADG Brass CCI 250 and sometimes F-215GM primers.

200 grain Accubond or ELDX over 80 grains of 8133-not max
212 ELDX over 75 grains of RL-25
200 Grain partition or AB over 75 grains of RL-26
190 grain Berger over 77.5 grains of RL-25 (shoots)
190 grain Berger over 78 Grains of H1000
212 ELDX over 76 grains of H1000
Any 180 grain bullet over 75.5 grains of RL-22

Starting Point??

H1000 is my best powder for my 300 WM. I would stay away from Berger bullets for big game. I have had 2 train wrecks using them. Go to a real hunting bullet like Hornady, Nosler or Sierra.
I use H1000 with 74.4 gr and the 190 ELDX and once fired Military 300 Win Mag brass from Hornady and CCI Bench-rest primers BR2. Almost matches the military sniper ammo I was given.

I like bonded or mono bullets for elk size game. 200 grain Nosler Accubonds with 7828 has been a very consistent load for me in several 300's. 200 grain A-frame with 8133 is also an excellent performer, although not necessarily a top choice for long range. That being said if I was in a bind for time I would pony up for the fast shipping for some 181 grain Hammer Hunters and reach out to Steve for a load recommendation.

JM2C

We were loading imr7828ssc at 3160 fps and Nosler brass in the 300wm. Felt like this was a pretty top end load. A month or so ago we got in some Gunwerks brass and loaded with rl23. Loaded my son's Remington Long Range and stopped at 3290 fps with no pressure signs. I have not published this load as it seems too fast. We loaded a customer rifle and saw the same results but backed it off to 3230fps. I have heard from a couple of customers that are seeing the same results too. Not sure who is making the Gunwerks brass, but it is tough as nails.

Since you are new to reloading I'd suggest what the fella previous said. Buy a couple boxes and find one that shoots and go with it for a time.

next again since you new to reloading any slower burning powder is a good starting point on heavier bullets

always start real low and work up checking pressure signs. Getting someones load off a website and shooting it in your gun is a no-no. I learned that 30 years ago. Enjoy the reloading process and take you time. Good luck on hunting season.

We were loading imr7828ssc at 3160 fps and Nosler brass in the 300wm. Felt like this was a pretty top end load. A month or so ago we got in some Gunwerks brass and loaded with rl23. Loaded my son's Remington Long Range and stopped at 3290 fps with no pressure signs. I have not published this load as it seems too fast. We loaded a customer rifle and saw the same results but backed it off to 3230fps. I have heard from a couple of customers that are seeing the same results too. Not sure who is making the Gunwerks brass, but it is tough as nails.

What barrel length are you using?

Retumbo, Reloader 22, Ramshot Magnum should all work with the Berger 215. I really like the Hornady 208 ELDM in my 300WM. I have killed plenty of animals at close and long range with them.
Do you know how far the jump is on your 208 ELDm 's in your 300 WM? Just asking as I am in the process of having a build done around this bullet.

My jump is .04 but it's been my experience the Amax likes a .02 or .04 jump. They don't seem to be as sensitive as other brands to seating depth but your results may vary.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.