300 Wby 168 TTSX Seating Depth

aOWENc

Hello everyone!

I am about to start loading for my 300 Wby Vanguard, but have a question about seating depth.

My Vanguard S2 has a mag length of right around 3.560, but the Barnes data says to load them to 3.600. This obviously won't work if I want to utilize the magazine which I do as it is my main hunting rifle.

I will be using Norma brass and RL19 powder. Barnes states the starting charge should be 79 grains of RL19 and goes up to 85.5 grains which is compressed load.

Does anybody have any recommendations on how much I should back down the charge to account for the shorter OAL? If anybody has any other data using this bullet and powder combo it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Alex

Hello everyone!

I am about to start loading for my 300 Wby Vanguard, but have a question about seating depth.

My Vanguard S2 has a mag length of right around 3.560, but the Barnes data says to load them to 3.600. This obviously won't work if I want to utilize the magazine which I do as it is my main hunting rifle.

I will be using Norma brass and RL19 powder. Barnes states the starting charge should be 79 grains of RL19 and goes up to 85.5 grains which is compressed load.

Does anybody have any recommendations on how much I should back down the charge to account for the shorter OAL? If anybody has any other data using this bullet and powder combo it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Alex
Top groove, and a slight crimp has worked wonders for me in the past. Good luck.