300 rum

Some sort of recoil management, if you need it, and a decent optic. Take the rifle out and shoot it. You will figure out what you want to add or change on the rifle as you go. There is nothing like driving a full custom rifle. With that said it is not what you have to have to shoot accurately out to a 1000 yards. Hopefully you hand load. That will help get the accuracy out of your rifle.

Don't let guys tell you that it is too big or not good enough or any of that other stuff. Lots of guys here that are shooting factory rifles in moa of deer out to very long range. Good clear optics are more important than high power.

Have fun with it.

Steve
Thanks, I won't be able to shoot it until I get out to WY. As soon as I can get some rounds on target, Then I will be able to make my decision as to where I will go with it.

Before you go too far, you also need to consider the current shortage of RUM brass.

Good luck!

The brass is like gold, hang on to it. Just in case you want to start reloading. This is one of the calibers where ammo and components for reloading are hard to find. Make sure you are up for that challenge before you buy or sink any money in the RUM.
Maybe this may not be a good choice then... I will just weigh my options when I get out to WY. I may end up building a 338 Lapua...

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts