300 RUM saami min headspace to datum line?

Hookturnr, Are you using new brass? I had the problem with fired cases sticking in the chamber of my first custom 300RUM. The chamber reamer was minimum SAAMI spec. The brass that I was using had been fired in my factory barrel. Even though it was full length resized and would easily fit into the new chamber, when fired some of it would not extract. My gunsmith had advised me to use new brass with the minimum spec chamber,but since the resized brass fit easily, I chose to ignor his advice. After a month of sticking brass,knocking it out with a cleaning rod , and several case head separations caused by excessively resizing brass so it would fit, I bought new brass, sized it correctly, and the problem went away permanently. Good luck, Gary Campbell

Yeah, using new brass or brass once fired in this gun. Took it out today with some H1000 loads and had no issues. Ran just fine all the way through and was smokin' 200AB's at 3200 into .318 and .694 groups. Got a couple pretty good looking prospects today and it seems the issue is resolved. Going to do some more load dev. this week adn hopefully all will go well. I have to say, the C.S. from my smith was excellent with sending it out and having it back in 6 days!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.