Min or Max Saami Spec Reamers

As long as the conversation started was about Min./Max, this may be a good place to point out that some of these tool makers and a couple of barrel makers I've had extensive conversations with still have manuel tool and cutter grinders in use! One barrel maker I can think of still makes all the buttons used in his shop on maunel tool & cutter grinders. Another, I can think of, makes his 'hook cutters' (for cut rifling) on a manuel tool and cutter grinder. Alterations to reamers, done on manuel tool & cutter grinders. These shops make some of the finest barrels/tools available. There is still "skill" out there. CNC is nice, but ya' don't have to have it if you have the skills available for those "one at a time" tasks, and there are companies doing it every day with the fine products they make. (they still use their 'shadow graphs' every day, no emptry coffee cups there!)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.