300 RUM Die conversion

ppoole

what all needs to be changed in a 300 RUM dies to make them compatible with loading 338 edge? I have a Redding competition set with neck bushing die and competition seater.

I'm thinking of going up to a 338 on my rifle.

i only have 7mm competition and just disassembled to check clearance , and there is very tight clearance , it does not appear to have room to go up a caliber in diameter of bushing -- the guide sleeve would act as a sizer at a certain diameter , if you know what i mean -

SIZING DIE -- i think that the 300 rum guide sleeve will not have enough opening to clear a 338 neck diameter , maybe you can buy just the guide sleeve ?

you could try and send one up there and see if it touches , but i think if the guide sleeve acts as a sizer, it may get stuck

BODY DIE , a sure purchase specific for that caliber, unless you wanted to sacrifice your existing & bore it out bigger

SEATER DIE , looks like a guide sleeve and new seater plug to match your bullet type

i looked through a redding catalog & i do not see where they sell guides/parts separately
http://www.redding-reloading.com/online-catalog

Last edited:
I appreciate it I am trying to decide what I want to rebarrel with do I want to stay 300 RUM or move out I have 300-400 in die setup for 300 RUM so I'm looking at saving some money put it to replacing hs precision with Mcmillan or manners

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts