.300 Raptor

Joel Russo

A friend of mine is working on a rifle that is chambered for .300 Raptor.

There are no other descriptive markings on the barrel next to the chambering.

He believes it was chambered by McWorther (sp?) Rifles. He has attempted to reach out to them and they will not respond.

He believes the parent case is the 7.82 Lazzeroni.

Anyone have accurate information on this chambering?

eddybo,

The .300 Ultra Raptor is a 7.82 Warbird with a .001" tighter neck, and .001" smaller at the base of the case.
The 7.82 Laz case is used with the standard Laz die set.

Can't imagine chambering for that cartridge.
Maybe that's why he's sending it in for a re-chamber.

W T F ?? , is that some sort of attempt to not over work that way over priced brass??

Whats he rechambering to?

Thanks, I found some information about it. Can a 300 WSM really shoot a 125grn bullet at 4000fps? That seems like it would destroy the case after one firing. Has anybody shot one?

The 300 Varmiter is just a hot hot loaded 300 WSM , I think their maybe a little freebore or some other nonsense , if you have one that will shoot a 125gr BT to 4000fps , that same bullet will drop right into a TC Encore (which by the way should never be chamber for the WSM anyway but some companies will) and if that round is set off in the Encore some realy bad things are gonna happen !!

I know a guy (No names here) that can get a 180gr Berger to around 3600 fps out of a 7mmx338 Lapua , well once anyway :D
just gotta use a good powder like those used in 6mm PPC cases and filler up

you know you'll never live that down !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.