300 Norma Mag AI Shorty Build

Alright I did some more load development and ended up at 85 grains H1000 behind the 225 ELDM, MV 2780 proofed at 820 yards.
It's shooting .7s in the flimsy plastic stock at 200 yards, I'm sure it'll be .5 or better bedded in a proper CF stock.
Here's a quick vid, first shot was a high miss, adjusted velocity and started center punching the 12" plate.

Your build really has me interested. I'm doing a standard Norma and was planning to do a 24" barrel with a can. This has got me thinking I'll go closer to 20".

I'm still marveling at the minimal recoil.
Yeah if you're running a suppressor go 20-21" tops, if you're running N570 you'd easily be around 2900 with a 225.
My previous rifle was a 24" 30 Nosler and it was just too long for hunting with the can on there.
And yeah recoil is nothing on a magnum with the right suppressor, I have to bite my tongue whenever someone starts ranting about guys being less accurate with big 30s.

Tagging in. I love the shorty magnums, can't wait to see it in the proper stock, it's gonna feel awesome I bet. That is my next can for sure. Would be fantastic on my 20" 30 nosler pushing 208's@ 2935!

I bet that load you have is way stable, I would bet it's not the top node either, and H1k usually does best at the lower node. Freaking awesome rig you got there.

What color is your Manners?

Tagging in. I love the shorty magnums, can't wait to see it in the proper stock, it's gonna feel awesome I bet. That is my next can for sure. Would be fantastic on my 20" 30 nosler pushing 208's@ 2935!

I bet that load you have is way stable, I would bet it's not the top node either, and H1k usually does best at the lower node. Freaking awesome rig you got there.

What color is your Manners?
Thanks man, I'm definitely excited to get the stock. I changed my order to the Pro Hunter so my wait started over again a few weeks ago☹️ it'll be the molded woodland camo.

I could push it harder but light ejector marks showed up at 86 grains which clocked around 2820 fps, N570 would for sure get me over 2900 but I'm more content staying with H1000.

I actually want one more can so that I don't have to take the Nomad off my 7mm, switching cans around kinda sucks.
To be honest I'm looking at the CGS Hyperion for absolute max suppression.

Yeah if you're running a suppressor go 20-21" tops, if you're running N570 you'd easily be around 2900 with a 225.
My previous rifle was a 24" 30 Nosler and it was just too long for hunting with the can on there.
And yeah recoil is nothing on a magnum with the right suppressor, I have to bite my tongue whenever someone starts ranting about guys being less accurate with big 30s.
I'm likely going to shoot the 205 Badlands bullet with Retumbo. I might start with a 22" barrel then chop it depending on how it works. Keep the info coming!

How much expansion at the webbing are you getting?
.001 after the 2nd firing with 85 grains H1000, I specd the reamer for .585 at the .200 datum to avoid clickers.
Here's a pic above the web at twice fired,
And virgin.
20230227_090405.jpg
20230227_090433.jpg

Love it
Very smooth and obviously built exceptionally well, it's hard to believe it only weighs 26 oz with its tank like construction.
Thanks for the feedback! I've got a 20" 300 Norma getting built on the Anti-X action right now with the goal in mind to run suppressed & push the 205 badlands monos.

Excited to see how yours turns out for you!