300 Allen Xpress Raptor throwing bullets, pics....

StictlyRUM,

Single receiver price will be set around $1290 with a stainless 20 moa rail base, pinned recoil lug and trigger hanger system. That includes fluted bolt and your choice of bolt face size and mag well size, standard, Wyatts 3.820" or Wyatts 3.990" length. ALso works great with the HS Precision DM system or any other set up for the Rem 700 LA.

If I can get 10 receiver orders to place at once, price will drop by around 10%.

Compare that to nearly $1700 for a Nesika Bay M receiver with same accessaries and its a steel.

420 Stainless steel was used on the receiver body and 4140 on the bolt head/lugsBoth heat treated to around 44 to 46 Rc. The yeild strength of this receiver should be 231,000 psi!!!

The two different materials are used to help prevent gauling of the bolt lug surfaces. If you use the same material in both, you really have to keep them clean and well lubed or you will have problems, not so much with different materials. Still need to keep them well maintained however.

Once we get this design finalized, Bob told me 8 weeks from order to shipping time. We will see. If he can hit that timeframe, that would be amazing but not holding my breath until I see it actually happen.

The OD is roughly 1.360" on this prototype receiver. Will drop into Rem 700 stocks as far as OD goes.

Kirby Allen(50)

SS7mm,

As you know there are many things that Nesika did very well with their receivers. As such, many features of my receiver are similiar to theirs. There are also many things that work well with the Rem 700 receiver and I used some of those features as well.

The Raptor is a hybrid of those two receivers with the addition of several other new features that make it unique.

Sometime you will have to come out and play with her and let me know what you think.

Kirby Allen(50)

BigDsDuty,

The receiver and bolt with recoil lug weigh roughly 4 oz more then a Rem 700. Weight increases are mainly in the bolt head, extended receiver thread section and full round receiver body design.

While you may notice this additional weight in a sporter weight rifle, I suspect it would not be enough to make you think twice about it. If you want to increase the strength of a receiver, the best way is to add more steel in the right areas, this adds weight, no way around it.

Kirby Allen(50)

Dave Wilson,

I will get some exact numbers for you today when I get over to the shop. I have a wide selectionof current receivers so I will get all that information and post.

Kirby Allen(50)

Shawn,

The relief on the rail base on the left side is more to clear the engraving more then anything I believe. The engraving will be changed on the newer receivers to emphasize the "Raptor" name more then Allen Precision Shooting. It will still be there, only around 1/4 the size that it is now.

On the left hand version. Right now have not thought about it to much. Just trying to get this version debugged and ready for customer orders. Once that happens, if there is enough interest, we may be able to go toward the left hand crowd if there is enough interest.

Kirby Allen(50)

Kirby,

I probably missed it, where is the "Raptor" Name coming from?

What do you see in your mind when your think the word "Raptor"?

Acording to webster:

raptor

One entry found.

raptor
New Latin Raptores, former order name, from Latin, plural of raptor plunderer, from rapere Date: 1873
1: bird of prey

2: [New Latin -raptor (as in velociraptor)] : a usually small-to-medium- sized predatory dinosaur (as a velociraptor or deinonychus)

I like what I see, I like what I read, I like the product! I do also like the "Raptor" name!!!

Kirby,

I probably missed it, where is the "Raptor" Name coming from?

What do you see in your mind when your think the word "Raptor"?

Acording to webster:

I like what I see, I like what I read, I like the product! I do also like the "Raptor" name!!!

Raptor also comes from: :)
042OverVirginia.jpg

When I was designing the receiver I figured I needed to give it a good name that was appropriate for its uses. THe idea behind the Allen Magnums and this receiver is to strike from afar. Thinking I needed a name of an animal that would represent this. To me the birds of prey are the ultimate precision predators.

They float at long distances searching for their targets. When they find them, they study their movements and then unleash a lightning fast attack from far away. The game they take has no idea what hits them. The attach has no warning, silent and with surgical precision. What would be better to compare to a receiver designed for long range big game hunting.

No matter the size of the bird of pray, they are powerful fliers, have amazing eyesight for long range detaction of game and lethal killers for their size, from the smaller falcons to the largest eagles, for the most part they are simply amazing and efficent killing machines.

What better name for my receiver then Raptor!!! I have a feeling that is the reason for the F-22 being named as it is. Hope the US government does not file a lawsuit for the name.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts