30 WOLF

can you put a picture of a 30 WOLF with a 338 LM side by side to compare , since we speak of the 30 WOLF I have see any picture of the cartridge

good shooting

DAN TEC

Dantec,

I don't have any straight .338 Lapua cases anymore - they've all been Wolfed...

Nighthawk, I use the old Rockchucker all the time to load for the .30 Wolf...

[ 08-19-2003: Message edited by: STL_Shooter ]

I have a RockChucker as well, but S1 told me that there isn't enough room and suggesed that I get a larger one or a Hornady. I personally would like a Redding progressive one if it will work. Do you know if the dies will work on that? Let me get someting straight, if I buy and use the dies that S1 makes that is all it takes to convert .338 Lapua cases to Wolf cases other than turning necks?

Well, again, he's seen me use a regular Rockchucker a hundred times to load for the Wolf - he must have been...uh...distracted...

Nope, you must have a way to neck down from .338 to .308 caliber. S1 uses three downsizing dies made by RCBS, I think, to get the necks down in three steps. You could do the same thing with three type-S bushings in a sizer made to accept them...

to STL_Shooter

Ok but can you make a picture with a 220 SMK or a 240 SMK if youhave no 338 LM available

good shooting

DAN TEC

Does any one know if the 253 grain- 30 cal. powder tungsten long range bullets are still available?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.