30 sherman magnum

So I would basically need a 300 Rum to start then the right mags. I can get action or gun right now. There in stock
any std bolt face magnum that will give you 3.75" coal will work
You can open the bolt from an '06 to a mag and put in an M16 extractor but it would likely be cheaper to just get the magnum action

Any 7 rem mag, 300 wm, or 300 rum actionwould work. There's some more more but those are just the most common.

Stay away from short mag actions.

Any 7 rem mag, 300 wm, or 300 rum actionwould work. There's some more more but those are just the most common.

Stay away from short mag actions.

I emailed Sherman and was told to run a magnum for the 300 due to cost of modifying a standard long action

Has anyone tried running a 10 twist? Looking at 300 rum choices and stick a 30 Sherman thru it and call it good if I buy a Browning X Bolt in a 9 twist or some the Remington Long Range in a 10 twist

Has anyone tried running a 10 twist? Looking at 300 rum choices and stick a 30 Sherman thru it and call it good if I buy a Browning X Bolt in a 9 twist or some the Remington Long Range in a 10 twist
I ran a 10 in my first one and it shot great with 225 eldm and 230 Berger

Have you had a chance to try the A-tips yet? Very curious about the 230's If they work well, I might scrap my hopes of running the 198 flatlines.

How does your free bore length compare to std prc saami?

I know Dave Tooley has been using a shorter free bore reamer on the PRC for the longer slick bullets.

Was going to build a 300 Sherman, but having second thoughts now, unless the A-tips work out?
I might go with the 300 max Sherman in a long action instead. The flatlines look like they'll be about 3.305 oal in the max. Would still need a really short free bore though.

Flatlines are probably going to be single load only in the 300 SM. They are 1.800 long
so 3.87-3.92 is what I'm guessing it would take to have a reasonable jump.
upload_2019-12-29_3-39-10.png

Have you had a chance to try the A-tips yet? Very curious about the 230's If they work well, I might scrap my hopes of running the 198 flatlines.

How does your free bore length compare to std prc saami?

I know Dave Tooley has been using a shorter free bore reamer on the PRC for the longer slick bullets.

Was going to build a 300 Sherman, but having second thoughts now, unless the A-tips work out?
I might go with the 300 max Sherman in a long action instead. The flatlines look like they'll be about 3.305 oal in the max. Would still need a really short free bore though.

Flatlines are probably going to be single load only in the 300 SM. They are 1.800 long
so 3.87-3.92 is what I'm guessing it would take to have a reasonable jump.
View attachment 165505
The 30 SM has about the same FB as the prc given the .005" neck difference.
I havent tried the Atips yet but am guessing they would work in a 3.8" box. The 230 Hybrids I run at 3.707"

Recent Posts