30 sherman magnum

I have been following this for a while waiting for my win mag barrel to start shooting bad. It wont. But she doesn't have to know that. This will be my next rifle. Very impressive results elkaholic. Have you necked this down to 7mm yet? 7mm Shermagnum?

I have been following this for a while waiting for my win mag barrel to start shooting bad. It wont. But she doesn't have to know that. This will be my next rifle. Very impressive results elkaholic. Have you necked this down to 7mm yet? 7mm Shermagnum?
Thank you! No, I haven't but I've been asked to neck it down and up. Probably down the road but too much going on right now

Just heard there was N570 in stock at Midsouth. There may be more outlets that have some too. Better grab some guys!!

Thought you guys might be happy to hear that my 30 SM dies are ready to ship to me. This means I will likely get them headed your way by late next week:D

I guess I should get around to ordering a barrel then! I put it off so long I forgot I was going to build one of these! LOL

The dies finally came in today so I checked one sizer and turned them right around to you guys who have been patiently waiting. To the impatient guys, Im holding them a while:D
JUST KIDDING!
NOW GO WIN SOME ELR MATCHES!

haha. Seems like forever since I first order d dies. I hope to heck they are to spec this time!

I'm actually thinking about building a 19" barreled specialty pistol to try shooting in some of the ELR matches. Some of the matches have rules which require the gun be shoulder fired though which kicks out the SP shooters.

I think I could squeeze about 2850 fps with a 200-215gr bullet from the 19" barrel which should be right in the sweet spot for those bullets.

I'm actually thinking about building a 19" barreled specialty pistol to try shooting in some of the ELR matches. Some of the matches have rules which require the gun be shoulder fired though which kicks out the SP shooters.

I think I could squeeze about 2850 fps with a 200-215gr bullet from the 19" barrel which should be right in the sweet spot for those bullets.
That would be interesting to see

Hey rich what ballistic program are you using for the 225s again? Are you using the new design of 225s or the original and what bc are you puting in?

I have a feeling the updated version is a bit different than the old bc wise.

Hey rich what ballistic program are you using for the 225s again? Are you using the new design of 225s or the original and what bc are you puting in?

I have a feeling the updated version is a bit different than the old bc wise.
I use Litzs custom curve

Recent Posts