30 nosler load ideas

H4831 is going to be too fast for that big of a round. I'd look for some IMR 8133 or IMR 7977. A lot of magnum powders are hard to find right now, including N570, Retumbo, H1000, and RL26.

Reloader 33 and Ramshot LRT would also be worth a look, in addition to what was mentioned above. H4831SC is going to be too fast

I live in Washington and it is pretty stable here, but that is not much of a test. I hunt every year in Colorado, down into the low single digits and it gets it done. I originally built my load on N570, which is a unicorn any longer, it worked great and had awesome velocity but it wasnt worth the worry when I couldnt get powder, several books have 7828 listed as the ideal for 30 Nos so I felt good about it.

Last edited:
In my 30 Nosler I'm running 181 Hammers with RE26 @ 3,100 ft/sec. Could probably get to 3,200 but haven't tried.
7828 shoots very well with the 200gr Accubond.

Both loads have been shooting about .5moa (occasionally smaller) @ 400yds.

I'm originally from Oregon and I still hunt the northwest every year and occasionally Alaska but also hunt the in some hot areas why I'm concerned with imr I hear it's temp sensitive. I have 3lbs of N570 but I have to wait to get to Oregon to pick it up. And I'm surprised your only seeing 3100. I'm getting 3030 with 215 Berger with retumbo. I have a good load for gun with that set up but retumbo is gone and I'm out and I wanted to try the hammers

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.