30 Cal 200 Grain Barnes TSX

I have an update I bought these a few weeks ago and tried them out. I was pretty impressed with them. I shot them in a 300 Win Mag Sako TRG-S with a 26inch barrel. With 74 grains of R-22 3005 fps and 1 inch groups at 100 yards with 3 shots. One group I shot with a lower charge shot around 3/4 of an inch but I am using them on big bears so I wanted a little more speed.

DAKOR, if you can get hold of that 375H&H, take it instead. Even if you download the big Magnum Cartridge a little, it's better for BIG BROWN BEAR than a 30 caliber. See my reply to your post on the other forum and check that 338 Sabi load and their ballistics page. There's a LOT to be said for BIG, HEAVY BULLETS (PENETRATION) when it comes to dropping the biggest and meanest predator in the World.
shocked.gif

GOOD LUCK!
grin.gif

Or take what you shoot well. A good hit with your 300 Win Mag is a lot better than a miss with a friends 375H&H. When the heat is on and a big bear wants you, you want something you can shoot accuratly in your sleep. Big is not always better. The Barnes will do what you need.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.