30 Cal 200 Grain Barnes TSX

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by dakor, Apr 2, 2004.

1. dakor

dakor Well-Known Member

Anyone tried these out what kind of velocity and accuracy are you getting?

2. dakor

dakor Well-Known Member

I have an update I bought these a few weeks ago and tried them out. I was pretty impressed with them. I shot them in a 300 Win Mag Sako TRG-S with a 26inch barrel. With 74 grains of R-22 3005 fps and 1 inch groups at 100 yards with 3 shots. One group I shot with a lower charge shot around 3/4 of an inch but I am using them on big bears so I wanted a little more speed.

3. Gowge

Gowge Active Member

DAKOR, if you can get hold of that 375H&H, take it instead. Even if you download the big Magnum Cartridge a little, it's better for BIG BROWN BEAR than a 30 caliber. See my reply to your post on the other forum and check that 338 Sabi load and their ballistics page. There's a LOT to be said for BIG, HEAVY BULLETS (PENETRATION) when it comes to dropping the biggest and meanest predator in the World. [​IMG]

GOOD LUCK! [​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Or take what you shoot well. A good hit with your 300 Win Mag is a lot better than a miss with a friends 375H&H. When the heat is on and a big bear wants you, you want something you can shoot accuratly in your sleep. Big is not always better. The Barnes will do what you need.