.30-378 - Berger or AMax?

I have not. But I have heard of this with Mark V's. The fix is something needs bent or adjusted in the safety mechanism. I would contact a smith or send the bolt to Wby in the off season.

Jeff

I had the same thing with a recently acquired Mark V in 7mm-08. Thankfully one of the authorized Weatherby service centers is about 40min from my house. I brought it in and they fixed it for free. It works far, far better now.

Does anyone have issues loading Bergers in Weatherby rifles? I'm asking because I couldn't get the 190's to shoot out of my 300 accumark. They shot very good at 100 yards,but when I moved to 200 my groups started to open up. I didn't do a whole lot of testing because I heard that Bergers need to be seated in the lands.

I have a stock accumark so I can't get that close to the lands until I rebarrel. I shoot 180 SST's and Interbonds, and they shoot great.

I have a stock accumark so I can't get that close to the lands until I rebarrel. I shoot 180 SST's and Interbonds, and they shoot great.

I think earlier in this thread I told of two 30-378's I owned. One a stock accuark that shot the 210 bergers to 1 moa at 1000 yards. The other was a custom barreled 30-378 that would go close to 1/2 moa at 1000. Both rifles had stock Weatherby free bore and neither of them were close to tje lands by any stretch. I think (if my memory is correct?) They were seated close to .200" off the lands.

hope this helps

Jeff gun)gun)

Jeff,
Just curious with your load data for the Berger 210 VLD IN 30-378 what is you O.A.L I'm trying the lands thing but seems to me I'll never be able to cycle from the magazine. Any help if greatly appreciate thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.