30-30 Rifle Scope?

USAFRet

Maybe this is not too much in the long range shooting category, but I am looking for a scope for a new 30-30 I bought. I have several tactical LPVOs I could pull off of an AR, but I am a traditionalist with the 30-30. Seeing marked turrets is odd, but maybe I need to get over it. I was looking at a 2-7x32mm scope. It is a SIG Whiskey 3 (just don't see the reason to break the bank). There are 2 reticles. The BDC and the standard quadraplex with no hash marks. I am thinking the latter. Or, could just go with a standard 3-9x40mm. Thoughts?

I had my Nikon Monarch 1-4x20 on my 30-30 and it was perfect. In the gun crunch a few years back a fellow member needed a 30-30 for his sons Christmas, so I let it go and kept the scope. I felt I had all the power I needed for 150 yard shot and the quick acquisition for close up.

I had my Nikon Monarch 1-4x20 on my 30-30 and it was perfect. In the gun crunch a few years back a fellow member needed a 30-30 for his sons Christmas, so I let it go and kept the scope. I felt I had all the power I needed for 150 yard shot and the quick acquisition for close up.
I have pretty bad eyesight and the extra zoom helps me a lot. I would love to just go with a fixed power 4x.

I hear you on bad eyesight. I am blind in one eye and can't see well out of the other.

I was impressed with the glass on this monarch, as it well over 20 years old, so I can't say how newer glass would compare. My credo is buy the best glass you can afford, and with our aging eyes, that can get expensive, but if you need that extra quality to make an ethical shot, it is all worth it in the end.