30-06 Competition Loads

Update: Thanks everyone for the replies and thoughts. I had some time over the week to do some shooting. I changed scopes and made some other changes with my setup and found that the load with Big Game was actually very accurate. I was able to shoot 3/4" at 100 with the load and right at 4" at 300. I'm not entirely sure if it was my scope or something else that I changed but at least now I know it's a decent load. Thanks again for everyone's help!

My Brother and I are shooting bug holes with 168g LRAB with R#22 with cci 250s, very top end of the pressure curve, velocity is 2900 on a 26" barrel. We both want to try the Berger 168g VLD Hunting with this load.
I've got some hunting reloads with a 165sst and rl22, weirdly, nosler lists 63gr as max and that being at 3000fps. I haven't shot mine over a chronograph yet.

My Brother and I are shooting bug holes with 168g LRAB with R#22 with cci 250s, very top end of the pressure curve, velocity is 2900 on a 26" barrel. We both want to try the Berger 168g VLD Hunting with this load.
I like that 168 Berger on deer so far, worked up a load in my '06 with H4350 and it's been bang-flop on several. I'm probably leaving a little velocity on the table @2875 but it's accurate.

My 06 deer load is 55.7 grns IMR 4350 and 165 grn bullets in a 30 -06.in my short 20 inch barrel. I use 2600 fps for the math. Also load for two friends 06 rifles with 24 inch barrels. I use 2700 fps for the math. One is a Ruger 77 the other is a Sig/Sauer. They both like 56.0 grns. IMR 4350. This is one of the easiest loads I ever made up. Just fine for Penn Farm Deer . Average shots between 50 and 100 yards. From my elevated box blind longest possible is 150 /160 Yards . All loads make 3 shot bug holes at 50 yards, and make very small groups at 100 yards. Adequate for deer , plenty of energy to 250 yards. Although I'm a big 270 Win fan , the 30-06 is a must in any hunters safe. I find in Matched Cases, with Win LR Primers and finding the best COAL and Base of Case to OGIVE length, the 06 , in a well made rifle, is capable of shooting very small groups. A Classic

62g-63g us a winner in our Remington 700 Long Range, cci 250s sealed the deal, either Remington or Winchester brass. Groups held up at 600 yards.
I was using federal 210s at 62.7gr. groups were acceptable for what I'll use them for but nothing to write home about.

Those projectiles are terrible for any type accuracy. Most FMJ bullets will not consistently produce accuracy. FMJ are usually the cheapest bullets you can buy.
I got a bag of 250 for free. It's a 750$ hunting rifle and so far with those bullets I've got two sub moa loads. Obviously they aren't ideal but for doing things on a budget (hence my name) I'm pretty happy with it. I sorted them by overall length and that helped a lot with seating.

You need a hotter primer, groups will amaze you in how they shrink!
Sadly the only others I have are Winchester Magnum primers and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those are a bit too hot. But then again maybe not. How would a Remington 9 1/2 compare?