30-06 and 165gn Nosler BT still getting it done!

BriKW

I caught this guy with 2 minutes of legal shooting time left cruising the edge of a tall grass field.

Attachments

• 20161127_194538.jpg
    20161127_194538.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 128
How far away?

Buck came out at 100 yards, shot at 80. Ran 50 yards back into the woods on a solid hit.

Funny thing is, 24 hours later I shot a Doe from another stand at 406 yards and she piled up right where she stood. Kicked a few times while I chambered another round. By the time I got back on her she had expired.

Hunted with a Buddy as a guest where I was allowed to take one buck and one doe. Tagged out early.

There's no doubt that a big whitetail buck is tough. I shot a nice 10pt this year at just over 220yds. The Barnes bullet liquified his vitals and he still went 50yds. I think that's just how much adrenaline they have in their body. I've ran 1oz slugs through em at 20 yds, blowing fist sized holes all the way through em, and still had em take off. Tough critters. But, that is a nice deer you got there. Congratulations on the hunt. What state is that?

There's no doubt that a big whitetail buck is tough. I shot a nice 10pt this year at just over 220yds. The Barnes bullet liquified his vitals and he still went 50yds. I think that's just how much adrenaline they have in their body. I've ran 1oz slugs through em at 20 yds, blowing fist sized holes all the way through em, and still had em take off. Tough critters. But, that is a nice deer you got there. Congratulations on the hunt. What state is that?

North Carolina

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.