2nd Focal Plane

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Centre Punch, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Centre Punch

Centre Punch Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have heard that S&B are bringing out a range of scopes with the retical in the second focal plane, i wondered how long it would take for them to cotton on.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian.

2. ds

ds Well-Known Member

Hi Ian,

Now who are you trying to wind up - I might be able to guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

One of the great things about the PMII`s is the FFP reticle - for tactical use. God knows it taken the septics long enough to cotton on.

If S&B come up with a 2FP scope I hope they do not call it a PMII. Something more fitting like BBS (Belly Benchrest Scope) would do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Will email

David.

3. col48

col48 Well-Known Member

i was in York guns last sat looking at the 25 mag pm 11
    they have one in that the reticle doesn't move.(it is not for sale,it is going on test,
    i would have brought one straight away but i can not stand mill dot rets.
    the s & b pm 11 is the dogs danglers,and i need one.i just have to wait for them to come up with the ret i want.
    COULD BE A LONG WAIT.
    THANKS
    COLIN

4. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

[ QUOTE ]

I have heard that S&B are bringing out a range of scopes with the retical in the second focal plane, i wondered how long it would take for them to cotton on.
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....to me, it sounds more like someone at S&B has a 'horizontal learning curve'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. Pete Lincoln

Pete Lincoln Well-Known Member

There is a market for 2nd FP scopes, and there is a 5-25x56 to suit.
    Pete

6. Centre Punch

Centre Punch Well-Known Member

Guess what, its a PM11, Hah!

Ian.

PS. I bet it will out sell all the other S&Bs put together

7. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Just chiming in here.

I have two variable power mil dot scopes. One in FFP and the other is 2ndFP.

I can't see why anyone would want a 2ndFP variable scope.

I can see no handicap from the larger w/power ret. and only disadvantages w/2ndFP ret. IF you are not using come ups but are using hold over/under which seems to work pretty well.

Some times the general American market is kind of dumb, IMO....