284 shehane.

I've been shooting 168 and 180 Bergers. And I was wondering what anyone else was shooting.

Right now, I have 6.5x284 Lapua brass. When the barrel is worn out, I'll replace the barrel to 284 Shehane.
It is gonna be an awesome cartridge.
I guess it is hard to find dies except purchase it from Shehane himself.

Purchase from Bill or just have the reamer print sent to Whidden Gunworks and they can hook ya up. Redding has an agreement that they will only sell to Bill, or that is what they told me anyways.

I have a Shehane with 2 barrels it is very easy to load for. Both barrels are very accurate.

Not that you asked but: I went with a Bartlien's hunter varmint contour, gain twist starting twist 1:9.75 and ending 1:9 on one and on the other 1:9.5 starting and ending in 1:8.7 on the other.

The tighter twist is surprising me on accuracy.

Oh, I forget to answer the OP's original question:

162 gr Amax
180 gr Bergers Hybrids
145 gr Barnes LRX (have them have not loaded yet)
168 gr Barnes LRX (have them have not loaded yet)

The gunsmith with the reamer can make your dies...you can buy the blank dies. That way it will match you gun.

Hold high and shoot straight !!!

162 gr Amax 55.5gr of H4831SC for fire forming

[FONT=&quot]162 gr Amax 58gr of H4831SC for full power loads
[/FONT]

I wonder if it is possible to purchase 284 Norma dies and have the gunsmith drill with 284 Shehane reamer instead of using expensive blank dies?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.