284 Jazz info needed

mk443

My hunting partner and I are both due for a rebarrel after this season and I was looking at doing a 338 Norma and he was looking at the 300 Norma and we stumbled on the 284 jazz. I already emailed Nate with SSG as it's his baby but I was looomg for feedback/first hand info from guys running it or a similar 7 Norma. What length barrel, charge, coal, speed, etc. I'd like to keep the barrel under 28 with brake as this is a hunting rifle. we both have Wyatt 4 in boxes installed on our guns and run the 195's so length is not a issue.

No one uses the Jazz or a 7-300 Norma?
I have one. I use a different title on mine 284 THOR. I had it since 2009.
It's killed a lot of animals over the years. Some of those are posted on this site if you search my handle.
It's on the second barrel. Expect 800-1000 rounds for barrel life. Brass last 3 reloads and annealed for each reload. I shoot the 180 ELD M at 3325fps over N570. Much better bullet than the 195 in my option.
It's been shot by 8 year olds, women, beginners and on one trip to Alaska killed 4 bears in 5 days.
This chambering is not for the general reloaded or shooter. So keep that in mind. Any questions just pm me.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.