280AI 22" vs 24" barrel

longbowelk

In 280AI, I am looking at a Kimber 84L Classic grade with a 24" 9.5 twist vs a slightly used 22" Arnold Arms Co match grade stainless barrel with 700 Remington Action . Not sure of the twist but possibly1/10. The cost of the rifles are about the same. Just wondering if anyone can share any info on either or both? Would use mainly for deer, hog and elk hunting. I've seen good reports on the Kimber. Not sure of the Arnold Thanks in advance.

In 280AI, I am looking at a Kimber 84L Classic grade with a 24" 9.5 twist vs a slightly used 22" Arnold Arms Co match grade stainless barrel with 700 Remington Action . Not sure of the twist but possibly1/10. The cost of the rifles are about the same. Just wondering if anyone can share any info on either or both? Would use mainly for deer, hog and elk hunting. I've seen good reports on the Kimber. Not sure of the Arnold Thanks in advance.

I think Arnold Arms when out of business long before 280AI became SAAMI Spec.

24 in, min on an AI 26 Preferred.
Oddly enough, my M48 Patriot is 24 inches and a 1-9 outperforms my custom I have with a 26 in Brux + a break, finished @27.5(same twist) by 50 some odd fps on average...

Tis quite possible that the Brux isn't broken in yet.

I'm not sure about the rifle you have or you're looking at.. I had my Remington model 700 Accurized by Arnold arms years ago they are currently out of business do to mismanagement. If my accuracation of my 700 is Any indication I'd say that the Arnold Armstrong's rifle is a quality product. That's all I know. Bob

I would look for faster twist as well. Faster will open up bullet options. I'm going with 24" 8-twist on a current build in 280ai to open up the options. 9.5 will work for many cup and core up to 168 grn. Mono's will limit you to around 130 grn in some brands.

I ordered an 18" 1:8t barrel for my 280ai to replace a 24", not the most popular answer😎
Makes sense if your going timber gun or suppressor. Wide open spaces maybe longer makes sense depends on how far you shoot. I would love to see your data I want a shorty 280 AI if the numbers make sense.

Makes sense if your going timber gun or suppressor. Wide open spaces maybe longer makes sense depends on how far you shoot. I would love to see your data I want a shorty 280 AI if the numbers make sense.
It is for suppressor use. I am expecting to loose ~100fps. Cutting 6" will loose ~140fps, but shorter barrels will gain back ~20-40fps with suppressor. Oal of rifle with 18" barrel and suppressor should be a bit shorter than previous 24" with brake and balance should not be to much different.

BFF has Arnold Arms [COMPLETE WEAPON} in 308. Replicate of M40 sniper platform, and is one of the most beautiful finished out weapons I have ever seen. Shoots in the .25's with SMK's.