280 rem with 168 bergers

alaskarob

hello its been a spell since ive been on here.last time i was waiting on my 280 to get finnished.its now done and ive been playing .short rundown its a 26 inch bartlien barrl on a browning xbolt chassis it was put together by someone who knows what is what any how i wanted to shoot 168 bergers my coal is right at4.00 using reloader 19 i started soft and at 51 great all touching aol was at 3.900 did not chrono but book said around 2500 as i went up to gain some vel she started to spread and at 53.5 stringing my bud said i might need to jump them some any body out there with simaler things with the bergers?? thanks

i know im sorry i write bad ive been told that before .... ive went up and down the scale with reloader 19....... . i got great groups on the bottom but wanted more speed...climbed up the scale. lost my accuracy .......so i had the bullet just of the lands .....8or 9 thousandths----- well im greedy i want speed and accuracy------ ive heard jumping theese bergers will sometimes work so i guess thats what ill try ....... i was just wondering if any one else had a simaler experiance with berger bullets thanks

alaskarob,
AZShooter has posted the bullet seating depth testing information for our bullets. So drop to the lowest powder charge. Find your seating depth accuracy node. Then work the load back up to find your velocity accuracy node. You may WANT velocity. BUT IF THE RIFLE ISN'T ACCURATE IT MEANS NOTHING. The rifle will tell you what IT likes. You cant change that unless you want to replace it or throw lots of money at it. Even then there are no guarantees you will get your wish. Take what the rifle gives you and adapt. Everyone seems to want the inanimate object to make up for their short comings. It wont. Only working on yourself by learning to read conditions, trigger control, working on your position behind the rifle and the "dreaded" practice will make a difference once you get a load to minute to half minute of angle. I will now get off my soapbox but I will leave you with this.
We are not born riflemen. We make ourselves riflemen. No offense given.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.