• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

280 Ackley

onetohunt

Looking for a 280 ai with a carbon barrel and a low or none round count. If you have one you will part with, just let me know. thanks

280 A.I. ammo

Brass

Thanks Lefty, I'm not a fan of the Savage, I have looked at the Traverse and it has features that I like. Thanks for the info.

Well it looks like I'm not having much luck on finding one.........guess I might have to just do my first build??🤔

1A585D9A-56F8-4558-BE43-2E114D5C83E5.jpeg
D31C9E72-CE1C-4DE7-86BB-48656FB2B10E.jpeg
Boy timing is everything....and a week ago I wouldn't have ever considered selling any of my rifles....but today is different.
I have a custom .280ai....built by Jay Cutright in Marshall, IL. Jay is a master builder and I met him through a friend who shot for team USA and has the world record for 1000 yd, F class (I think). Anyway, Jay built several rifles for him and his teammates. He is a low volume builder who builds when and for whom he chooses. He was finishing up a Muzzleloader for Tom Manners as he was building mine. He's a first class guy and his work is just as impressive as any of my other customs, which are all McWhorters.
The rifle is a shooter, although I haven't truly developed a load for it....I'm not a reloader. I tried a couple different loads from Copper Creek and settled on one that was consistently .5" or better. Here are the specs.
Bartlein SS, skip fluted, 24" 1/8.4 twist...I think it's a 4b contour but will confirm, I need to look back at the records.
APR action....he suggested this action and its smooth as butter.
Jewell trigger set at 1.5lbs
AG composite stock
BDL bottom metal
Area 419 Hellfire Brake
Cerakoted...I believe it's called Armory gray, but will confirm
Scope is Schmidt & Bender Exos 3-21x50, with Nightforce ultra light rings.....amazing glass and built like a brick outhouse. I have quite a few top shelf optics and this one is as good as glass gets.
Bare rifle is approx 8.5lbs naked.....add 31 oz for the scope.
She is set up and ready to take hunting.
I would estimate that there may be 60 rounds through it....no more than that.
I would let the complete rig go for $5500....and include 4 boxes of Copper creek handloads.....which are Berger 168VLD's, initial velo was 2930 fps.
Contact me if interested. I'm not at home and the pics I just happened to have....I can get u more if u wanna see. Rifle is pristine.

Thanks. Beautiful gun. I'm looking for a CF barrel. Thanks for sharing though.

You bet...my last couple have been carbon barrels and they are super nice. And that caliber is tough to beat....mine is a pussycat to shoot.

Recent Posts