28 Nosler QuickLoad need help

Stop using QuickLoad like it's the Bible. Your rifle and brass will tell you what is going, read pressures and go slow. The 28 Nosler is a huge case and it's hard to overload the case too fast. .5 gr increase will be just fine.

I have had great sucess with QL on five other rifles using Nosler and Hornady bullets. For example on a Howa 7 RM I developed a great load in 14 rounds (granted I already had seating depth for that bullet from work up using another powder). At 200 yards a four shot group was 1/2 inch vertical and 1 1/4 inch horizontal (Nosler 120 BT).

But I have decided that QL is not suited for development of loads using Hammer bullets. There are too many factors to tweek on QL to get the velocity to match. If I don't know why I am tweeking something I get nervous. All of the factors in QL are mathmatically related.

Everyone says Hammers are easy to develop loads for, so I will use the load development process reccomended by Steve at Hammer. That method has been tested by a lot of folks.

Thaks everyone for your comments and help

I have had great sucess with QL on five other rifles using Nosler and Hornady bullets. For example on a Howa 7 RM I developed a great load in 14 rounds (granted I already had seating depth for that bullet from work up using another powder). At 200 yards a four shot group was 1/2 inch vertical and 1 1/4 inch horizontal (Nosler 120 BT).

But I have decided that QL is not suited for development of loads using Hammer bullets. There are too many factors to tweek on QL to get the velocity to match. If I don't know why I am tweeking something I get nervous. All of the factors in QL are mathmatically related.

Everyone says Hammers are easy to develop loads for, so I will use the load development process reccomended by Steve at Hammer. That method has been tested by a lot of folks.

Thaks everyone for your comments and help
I think Hammer guys agree QL does not work with them.
Reach out to @GLTaylor here and he will help you

I have had good luck with the hammer bullet models in QL as well if I adjust the model assumptions (weighing factor and shot start pressures) from the default values which are for cup and core bullets and not overbore cartridges to what is required for monolothic bullets and the cartridge you are using.

In my experience, the instructions are fairly useless.

But I have decided that QL is not suited for development of loads using Hammer bullets
Its not suited for The Noslers period.
I'm pretty sure Alex Wheeler commented early on that QL was way off when he was building 28's and he shoots alot of Bergers

Stop using QuickLoad like it's the Bible. Your rifle and brass will tell you what is going, read pressures and go slow. The 28 Nosler is a huge case and it's hard to overload the case too fast. .5 gr increase will be just fine.

Amen to that, add a good chronograph and let it guide you.

Pressure equals speed and speed equals pressure