2751 yard testing of the LRKM

I fondled this beast in his shop. All I can say is WOW! The first thing you notice is the balance. It feels like a 10 pound rifle. Plus the trigger is sweet. The LRKM is an animals worst nightmare!

It's not just that Lapua brass is better brass. It is, but the 338 Lapua brass in particular is manufactured with a very thick web that will withstand a bit higher pressure for more firings than most brass. Many believe 338 Lapua brass to be among the toughest, if not the toughest small arms brass available. Other Lapua brass is not made with webs as thick as 338 Lapua brass, from what I've seen. In other words, if Shawn made a 338 Lapua +P, taking full advantage of case capacity as well as the throat design employed, my guess is it would perform similarly, but last longer than 338 EDGE +P brass does now.

I commonly get 10 or more firings from the 338 AX (338 Lap Imp) chambering, which is probably a little easier on brass than the standard 338 Lapua with its ~35 deg shoulder. Just my non-expert .02.

I'd like to see what a 338 Lap Imp +P would do--might be just on the edge of eroding the +P throat too fast to make it worthwhile to try, which would put you right back to the 338 EDGE +P as the best combination of firepower and throat longevity. Not sure. Speculation on my part. Shawn would obviously have a much better handle on this.

+100

I should be getting mine in the next couple of weeks I ordered mine the beginning of February. What kind of info are you looking for

I can't help you with pics or load data. I will be using N570 you can find it now I order it from powder valley i ordered 20lb of it because it works great in my 300 weatherby also. I ordered whidden hydraulic form die so I wouldnt have to fireform the brass. From what I read it will get your brass 95% there. What size barrel did you go with?

Shawn, I showed the video of you shooting to one of my hunting buddies and I think that was the first time I have ever heard him say "Now that is impressive shooting"
I think it was the 5 seconds it took to get there and then when you zoom back out.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.