270WSM long action build

JAYgs8163

Looking for some advice. I'm building a 270WSM on a Kelbly LongAction. I already have brass and bullets that I will be running. I'm going to be having a chamber cut in a 8twist barrel. Plan is to run the Badlands SBD2 140 and 150 or a heavier Hammer Hunter, and maybe even the Berger EOL 170. My question is what Freebore would you suggest I have added to the chamber without going too far? I've had a couple people mention add .100 but I want to be more sure as opposed to someone casually mentioning. Does anyone have any experience with the 270WSM in a long action and if so how did you have your chamber cut? Thanks, Joe

If your going to shoot the 170 EOL then you will need a freebore in the .220-.230 range to have the boat tail above the shoulder\neck junction.

You can do the math off the saami print. The eol has a .760" base to office measurement.

IMG_2892.jpeg

And yea I would do it in a long action to get all the performance you can out of it.

Next question. I'm needing a M5/DBM long action bottom metal and really want to run the Hawkins LA Hunter but am a little concerned about the long action mag offering they have. Does anyone know if the 300PRC Hunter LA mag they make will function ok when feeding a WSM? I know the standard DBM will feed WSM from the RUM Accurate mags fine but am unsure about this newer "Hunter DBM setup".

Next question. I'm needing a M5/DBM long action bottom metal and really want to run the Hawkins LA Hunter but am a little concerned about the long action mag offering they have. Does anyone know if the 300PRC Hunter LA mag they make will function ok when feeding a WSM? I know the standard DBM will feed WSM from the RUM Accurate mags fine but am unsure about this newer "Hunter DBM setup".
Hawkins makes a spacer kit for you.